Tailgating on Football Game Days: Twin Cities
Printed on: . Please go to http://policy.umn.edu for the most current version of the Policy or related document.
The University promotes community-building activities for its faculty, staff, students, and visitors, and recognizes that tailgating has the potential to enhance the game day experience within a safe, responsible, and controlled environment.
Tailgating is permitted on football game days in designated areas, during specified hours, and under the conditions specified in the Tailgating Rules. The vice president for university services and the director of intercollegiate athletics are authorized to amend the Tailgating Rules from time to time as needed.
Violations of this policy, the Tailgating Rules, or applicable policies, rules, or law may result in fines; loss of season tickets, parking, or tailgating privileges; removal from campus; and, for students, disciplinary action under Board of Regents Policy: Student Conduct Code.
In rare instances, the vice president for university services and the director of intercollegiate athletics may grant exceptions to the Tailgating Rules within the scope of the law.
This policy applies to the Twin Cities campus only.
REASON FOR POLICY
To provide the framework for responsible tailgating on game days that enhances the football game experience, promotes a safe campus environment, and preserves the beauty of the campus.
There are no procedures associated with this policy.
There are no forms associated with this policy.
- Eating food and drinking beverages (alcoholic or nonalcoholic) outdoors as part of pre-and post-game festivities in designated tailgating locations.
- University of Minnesota Parking and Transportation
- Open and close designated tailgating areas on football game days.
- University of Minnesota Police Department
- Enforce applicable laws and Tailgating Rules on football game days.
- Vice President for University Services and Director, Intercollegiate Athletics
- Administer the policy, including maintaining Tailgating Rules and communicating policy and rules for responsible tailgating to participants.
- Determine, in consultation with appropriate University administrators, the University-authorized locations and hours for tailgating on football game days.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There is no FAQ associated with this policy.
- Board of Regents Policy: Student Conduct Code
- Board of Regents Policy: Code of Conduct
- Board of Regents Policy: Alcoholic Beverages on Campus
- Administrative Policy: Using and Leasing University Outdoor Space: Twin Cities
- Administrative Policy: Distributing Publications and Installing Banners at the University
- Administrative Policy: Use and Lease of Real Estate
- January 2009